Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatically populate fields

Copper Contributor

Automatically populate fields

I am seeking to learn how to have 1 field populate another on a contact page. Can I have a drop down and when a selection is made for that field, another field is populated with certain data? I think it would help track our company's process better. Thank you

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Automatically populate fields

That can be done with an addon. Check here: http://www.exponenciel.com/index.aspx

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have this same problem. I have seen the add-on by exponenciel. I have several computers and would need the addon to work for each. My drop-down list however would be 30,000 items. It would be much less resource intensive to have this list with some sort of sql code to populate these other named fields.

Can this be done through the back end? Is there a way to do this on the server only?

If you have the newest version of ACT (and depending on exactly what you are looking to update) you may be able to do this with Smart Tasks. You can it set it up update a field based on a trigger. 

Copper Contributor

cool. We just did our upgrade so I will check it out!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Kelley,

I'm curious, how would you manage 30,000 items in a drop-down list? Are they stock items from an accounting product?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog