Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatically associate history with group

Copper Contributor

Automatically associate history with group

Is there a way to automatically associate history with groups, based on the contents of the "Regarding & Details" History entry?

Copper Contributor

Re: Automatically associate history with group

Hmm.. guess not then!
Bronze Super Contributor

To clarify, is this what you are asking:  If a history has value <X> in the regarding, it should automatically be visible in the history tab of a specified group?

If that is what you are asking, then, no, natively ACT!, not matter the version, does not have the capability.

Now, there may be an addon that could do this.

Not saying any of the following will do it, but these are the ones that come to mind that I would check out:

• Top Line Designer might be able to do this with some scripting.
  • Durkin Impact also might let you script this
  • Design R1 has Swiss Army Knife and Automator
  • Exponenciel could have something...
Copper Contributor

Absolutely right Scott - thanks for your reply.  Yes, I knew ACT! alone couldn't cope and I've researched the Add Ons I thought may be helpful but haven't managed to find anything yet.  I'll check out those you suggest that I haven't been to yet.

This is really for outgoing and incoming e-mail attachments, where one contact is involved in multiple 'projects' (for want of a better word) and the project title is in the Subject of the message and therefore the Regarding History field.  Each group being set to show only Group History so that not all messages for every contact are presented.

If such a beast exists it's most likely to be an ad hoc batch run I guess.

Thanks again,

Kim

Bronze Super Contributor

Yeah, a batch might be the best way to run with that...