Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatic entry of birthdays into calendar

Copper Contributor

Automatic entry of birthdays into calendar

Is there anyway to have a contact's birthday automatically be loaded into the calendar. It would be so nice to know that reminders would be automatically set up as soon as I enter a contacts birthday. Is there an add-on that does this??

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Automatic entry of birthdays into calendar

There isn't a built-in function for adding a birthday automatically to the calendar.  I don't know of any add-ons that will do this, but to view a list of add-ons visit this website: Act! Add-ons.

This would also be a good suggestion to submit to the Share Your Ideas board.  Once submitted, other community members can comment and vote(kudos) on it.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

We developed an add-on called "Calendar View Plus for ACT!" that allows the user to add any date field from the contact table directly onto the calendar view. It includes annual field such as Birthdays and any date or date. CVP also supports many other features not found in the native ACT! Calendar such as side-by-side columns and color rules.

You can download the free trial at: http://durkincomputing.com/Download.aspx 

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Super Contributor

There is a smart task called Birthday Reminder, in 2011, that is turned on by going to Manage | Schedule. In the templates folder, there is the birthday reminder task. Click on enable Auto Run, and it will run automtically.
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your response. For the life of me I cannot locate this auto function. Could you please provide more detail. I went into sched then manage but could not find the template. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Copper Super Contributor

What version of ACT! do you have? Is it 2011?

http://download.act.com/tours/training/2011/SmartTaskTour.htm

That tour shows you graphically what I'm talking about. If you do this and that smart tasks isn't there, you probably have an earlier version of ACT!. You will have to go with one of the other posters suggestions.