Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatic attaching of emails not working

Copper Contributor

Automatic attaching of emails not working

I recdently upgraded to ACT 16.1.207.0. Hot fix 2.  I'm also using Office 2013 and Outlook for my email.

Since that upgrade, I have not been getting automatic attachment of emails, either incoming or outgoing, even though I have gone through the email set up process 3 times.

In Outlook, the normal ACT Add-ins for email are not present.

Also, when I select an email message template in ACT, it shows the progress bar, which says "Merging records", but it does nothing.   However, the 2nd time I repeat the command, it USUALLY works.

Also, when I try to exit this version of ACT, I always get the message "There are open documents. Do you want to save your changes?"  There are, in fact, no open documents.  If I select "Yes", I get a very long complicated error message from ACT which starts with "Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.DocumentClass' to interface type......." and on and on.

The only way to exit the program is to answer "No".

Thanks in advance for help.

Paul

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Automatic attaching of emails not working

Hello Paul,

for the Problem with the Act! addin please take a look at this link.

Hope this one could even help you with the attach issue.

regards

David

www.crmaddon.com

Copper Contributor

Your advice solved the email attachment problems.  Thank you.

The other two problems listed above were not resolved. 

Namely (1) when an email message is selected from a template, it never works the first time and sometimes doesn't work at all, and (2) When closing ACT, I get an error message about open documents.

Further help would be appreciated.

Paul

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Paul,

it sounds, like you are runing into a time-out, you may want to try this 2 links, it may solve your issue

1. allow Outlook to talk faster with act

2. Improve the overall speed for act!

regards

Ingo Lange

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the response, but I don't think this fits my symptoms.  I don't experience either ACT or Outlook as being particularly slow in loading.  And the error message referred to above appears instantly on trying to exit ACT, not after a wait.

Copper Contributor

I am still needing help with this.  Please offer assistance if you have any ideas about these problems.

Thank you.

Paul