Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatic Salutation Gone In SP 1 - 2010

Bronze Contributor

Automatic Salutation Gone In SP 1 - 2010

ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

I just installed the above update to 2010.  I have not had a problem with Outlook, but then again I use an addon for handling Outlook.

I did notice, however, that the salutation field is no longer fills in automatically.  And when I compolete the dialogue box for the name identifying first name and last name, it still doesn't automatically fill in.

What that change on purpose?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Automatic Salutation Gone In SP 1 - 2010

Check your prefereices for the salutation fill. Could be damaged preferences.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, it's a bug.  Doesn't work on mine either, and a client called me about this today also. The preferences are set correctly.

If you hit Ctrl-S to save the record, it fills the salutation in when it saves the record.  But it doesn't fill in when you tab out of the contact name field.

Message Edited by ECSI on 03-15-2010 06:02 PM
Best Regards,

Chuck
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I have the same issue. Also, when sending all email from Outlook after this "upgrade" I get the following error:

Method not found: ‘Boolean Act.Outlook.Service.Interfaces.IHistoryXMLWriterService.CreateHistoryXMLFile(System.String,System.String,Act.Outlook.Service.OutlookHistoryType,Act.Outlook.Service.Interfaces.HistoryFormatOptions, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean,Boolean, Act.Outlook.Service.Interfaces.QuickAtachContactType, Boolean,Act.Outlook.Service.Interfaces.IContact[],Act.Outlook.Service.Interfaces.IDatabaseInfo, ActOutlook90.HeaderStruct)’ 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Rick Ayres

Platinum Elite Contributor

The Salutation field issue is a reported issue with ACT! 2010 SP1. This issue is currently under investigation. The workaround is to save the record or press F5 to refresh...this will populate the Salutation field. An update will be provided when further information is available. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.