Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatic Rollover Has Stopped Working

Bronze Contributor

Automatic Rollover Has Stopped Working

[ Edited ]

There seems to be a problem with the automatic rollover feature.

For the last couple of days I've noticed that the rollover dialogue box has appeared more than once on the main db screen.  I always select OK for it to rollover.

Having done so, all my calls, etc. show up in the past uncompleted lookup when using F7.

Interestingly enough, when I selected today's activities, two of them are listed but with a date 2 days old.

I do use a remote db and sync it when I'm on it.  It seems that this happened the last time it was sync'd. 

I have done the db maintainenance of check and repair selecting both integrity check and re-index and the problem continues.

I added screenshots of what I'm seeing.  Note the rollover message.  Click OK to rollover but the list of past still remains.  Today is the 20th and if you notice, the date on the past that should have rolled over is the 17th.ACT Rollover.jpg

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Contributor

Re: Automatic Rollover Has Stopped Working

Anyone have any ideas?

John Purdy
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Have you tried manually rebuilding your preferences file?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Contributor

I was ready to work on the rebuilding of preferences.  The first step is to make a backup of the eMail database.  I couldn't get past step 2:

Creating the E-Mail Backup:

1. Launch ACT!
  2. Launch ACT! E-mail by clicking the E-Mail icon on the left navigation bar in ACT!
  3. Click the File menu, and then click Transfer E-mail. The Transfer ACT! E-mail - Welcome dialog box appears:

Of the bars on the left, I do not have one for eMail. 

John Purdy
Bronze Contributor

I think I've done everything listed in the Knowledgebase Article to rebuild references, but items which are to rollover still are not.

What next?

John Purdy
Bronze Contributor

Update:  I worked with tech support today and it appears that something in the group of prior activities was corrupt and keeping activities from rolling over.

I will post here tomorrow (Tuesday) if the problem has been resolved and what I had to do to fix it.

John Purdy
Bronze Contributor

This morning items that were to rollover did.  I am satisfied that one or more of the past scheduled activities were corrupt and causing a problem with rollover.  Tech Support had suggested exporting the contacts to a new db and then re-importing with the intent of "cleaning" the activity.

What I did instead was to ....

•  Using task manager (F7) listed all activities scheduled in the past (that should have rolled over)
  •  Right click on the first one and selected clear activity
  •  Checked "erase" radio button
  •  Clicked Follow-up and accepted default date/time (basically the same day)
  •  Clicked OK
  •  Clicked OK

That allowed me to keep the content of the scheduled activity and delete the old one.

John Purdy
Platinum Elite Contributor

John,
Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for posting your solution.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Contributor

[ Edited ]

The problem of Automatic Rollovers has stopped working again. 

The one thing that I did that was different was able to do a remote synch to the remote db.  I've been getting an error message recently that the host db couldn't accept the synch request and to make sure that the right box was checked (which it was).

Since the successful Synch with the remote db worked, I am now getting a dialogue box to do a rollover every time open ACT even after I've done the daily rollover.  Without being an engineer, it seems that the problem is the communication between the remote db and the host db.

Rollover Box.jpg

I actually have over 150 calls, to-do, and other activities that should roll over.  However, all that were scheduled for yesterday did not roll over.

John Purdy
Bronze Contributor

Upate:

Again, I deleted and rescheduled all the calls that would not roll over.  Since this happened just after I had reset the remote db synchronization, I deleted that.

The next two days the calls rolled over as they should. 

While it may be something within my system, the problem is definitely related to the remote synchronization. 

Does anyone have any ideas on researching this further? 

John Purdy