Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatic Follow Up Reccurance

Automatic Follow Up Reccurance

[ Edited ]
I have been tediously looking and testing out if there is an option to set up an automatic "follow up" call based on the variable of the last time I have contacted a customer/company without having to set the alarm separately each time, yet I am not having much luck searching in ACT, nor by searching in the forums.

eg.
I want an automatic reminder to call/follow up with Annette from CH Tech One (maybe have it linked optionally in general to alarm by contact name AND/OR company name... as employees have been inconsistent with specifying the contact name specifically and just associating with the company), that has been inactive for the last 6 months, based on Notes.

I realize that there is the ability for Contact Activity look up... but this must be done manually... when ever I choose to search.

Is there a way to do this?  Even if I have to transfer all my Notes to History, etc.  I am flexible.  I just need this to work!  Maybe some kind of add-on?

Please help!

Kind regards.

Message Edited by JLee on 03-21-2008 11:03 AM

Message Edited by JLee on 03-21-2008 11:06 AM
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: Automatic Follow Up Reccurance

[ Edited ]
Have a look at Sales Automation Manager from Northwoods Software.

Not sure it does exactly what you want but it is probably the one that could do that.

Message Edited by m4y on 03-21-2008 07:13 PM

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

Thank you for the suggestion. It doesn't look too bad, but if there are any more alternatives, I am still open for more suggestions. Honestly, I prefer NOT to add-on, so if there is any other way... or any other add-ons; I would like to keep my options open and not limit myself to just this one. The link says there isn't a way to automatically set it up, but I am wondering if there IS still a way, and maybe we are overseeing it?
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious (it's the end of the day for me Smiley Wink) but I think there is no way to do that without an add-on. The only one feature is the Lookup > Contact Activity but like you told it's a manual lookup to do.

Regarding questions about SAM, I cannot answer you. Contact them, they surely can answer you.

If I find an other add-on or I think about an other way to do that, I'll write it in this topic.

Xavier Nyssen

Thanks again Xavier... it's still the beginning of the day for me... 11:30AM (it's actually supposed to be a National holiday today, but you know how business is I'm sure!) In any rate, I think it *is* possible to find something without an add-on, although of course I cannot be sure. I came across an option that is quite similar (or at least, it appears to be similar, though I won't be able to confirm until tomorrow, as the preferences are limited and the soonest "reminder" is the next day). Schedule --> Manage --> Activity Series Templates I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not. As I previously mentioned above, I cannot see the results until tomorrow. In addition, it is only for Activities (Call, Meeting, etc.) and not for Notes, which is what my company uses as default to record transactions.
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

You're right, Activities series concern only... activities.

The goal is to create several activities in one time. And you can trigger it on a field.

Have a look in the Act10Demo database, there are 2 good examples of the use of Activities Series. And like you told, it doesn't work on notes or history, so you can create automatic activities for an "untouched" contact since xxx days for exemple.

Xavier Nyssen