Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automated scheduling of customer calls based on dynamic data

Automated scheduling of customer calls based on dynamic data

Hi

I am trying to automate the scheduling of calls for customers based on the value of a custom field, that we are writing data to from another sql database.

I am trying this through groups, and dynamic membership, based on the criteria of the custom fields, but I am having poblems that

1) may be bugs, and

2) i think it is a dead end functioanlity-wise. as new entrants to the group dont seem to be than automatically included in exisitng scheduled calls. for that group...

any ideas?.....

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Automated scheduling of customer calls based on dynamic data

[ Edited ]

Greg - you said my magic word (automate) and you've got me curious... can you tell me what the objective is and give a little more detail?  I'd be happy to see if I can think of another way to get it done, or if it's something pretty generic that others might use, I'm always looking for new ACT! add-on ideas.

Message Edited by lkamerman on 03-18-2010 09:36 PM
Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training

Iwe write sales data (monthly) in to custom fields we create- monthly sales volumes

I want, based on certain values (eg less than 100, or more than 100) to automatically schedule a call for that customer

customers under 100 get called twice a year for example ( eg Feb, Aug)

customer over 100 month get called 3 times year (eg Feb, Jun, Oct)

dynamic membership criterai would add/remove them from groups monthly, and re-schdule them next time they are due to be called, based on the group they live in- which has a call-cycle (new feature) associated with it.

Nickel Super Contributor

There are likely a number of different ways to do this.  I can think of two:

If you need actual activities scheduled for all the contacts in a group at once with a separate activity for each, that'll likely require custom programming.  You'll also have to think about who to assign the call to if more than one person is doing them and whether or not the date is important to you or if you just want the date to end up anywhere in a given month.  Perhaps this is something you can write since it sounds like you're already bringing data in from outside, although you may just be using the regular import method or 3rd party tools to do it.  Custom programming is something I can assist with.

The other way would be to not use activities and just create twelve groups - one for each month - and set up dynamic membership criteria that would effectively list off everyone that still needs to be called in that month.  I'll use your examples, but I'm going to make the assumption that we need to split the calls up so that you're not only calling the < 100 people in February and August.

For the January group, I'd use a rule that says this - :

( Sales Volume < 100 AND

Last Name < E AND

Last Call Older Than 31 Days) OR

( Sales Volume >= 100 AND

Last Name < J AND

Last Call Older Than 31 Days)

You'd need a field called "Last Call" to track when you last phoned them and you'd need to complete it after each call.  It's an extra step, but what that does for you is the contact will disappear out of January's list.  I put included the Last Name criteria in order to split up the 2x yearly and 3x yearly evenly across the year so you're not making all your 2x yearly calls just in February and August.

I haven't entirely thought this through and it'd be quite a job to set up, but I hope that gives you some ideas to work with.

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training