Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automated gift-giving and inventory management plugin

Automated gift-giving and inventory management plugin

Hi all,

I'm the founder of a company that allows anyone to place automated orders from any online retailer. I'm building an Act! plugin that uses this functionality to help business owners automate more of their processes in true Act! fashion. There are several cool directions I could take this:

1) Allow business owners to give gifts to their customers automatically, e.g. after a big deal or on their birthday. You could tie in triggers like you would for any other event, give an item or list of items to choose from (e.g. from Amazon), and have it order this item automatically for a customer when the event is triggered. Since your billing info, their shipping info, etc, is already all there, this could all be done automatically.

2) Automate inventory management. If you have to maintain an inventory, you could simply indicate the minimum quantity you need of each item along with the link to each item, and the plugin would automatically order more for you when you needed it.

What I'd like to ask you all is: who would be interested in this sort of functionality, either the gift-giving or inventory management? If you help out with feedback, I am definitely willing to give this product away at a steep discount.

I appreciate it!

Best,
Max
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Automated gift-giving and inventory management plugin

Isn't inventory a function of accounting rather than CRM? 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog