Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automated activities scheduled for contacts imported from a .CSV file

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Automated activities scheduled for contacts imported from a .CSV file

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction - is it possible to create an automated series to schedule call actively for contacts imported automatically from a .CSV file?

I have tried checking the box within the tools/preferences/scheduling preferences - but this doesn't seem to have done anything, as when I import new records it doesn't even prompt to enter an activity manually.

Any help or suggestions where I can find how to do this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JR_84
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Automated activities scheduled for contacts imported from a .CSV file

Thanks Greg, I'll keep an eye on the response time of the calendar & if this proves an issue will probably revert to using the previously suggested method of setting calls for multiple contacts.

Many thanks for you help.

Regards,

John

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello JR_84,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

There isn't an option within the program to automatically schedule an activity for each imported contact (as it is imported), but there are some options. 

You didn't mention which version of ACT! you are running, but if it is ACT! 2011 - an option is to use the Smart Tasks feature to schedule an activity for each contact imported.  Generally you would:  create a new smart task > with a step to schedule an activity > create a Lookup using 'Import Date = today' > run the smart task.  You can also scheduled a Smart Task to run automatically and set it's criteria to look for the import date.  For further information on Smart Tasks, visit these articles:

- What are Smart Tasks: KB Article 26777

- Create and Manage Smart Tasks: KB Article 26944

A manual process, which applies to most recent versions of ACT!, to schedule individual calls for multiple contacts is:

- Go to Tools > Preferences > Calendar and Scheduling tab

- select Scheduling Preferences > enable the option 'Create separate activities when scheduling with multiple contacts'

- do Lookup / Import Date field / today

- in Contact List > highlight all desired contacts

- right click on highlighted > select Schedule > Call

A individual call will be scheduled for each of the highlighted contact records.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Dear Greg,

We are running ACT! 2008 Ver. 10.0.1.199. 

I have been having a play with scheduling activity series, creating indervidual series for each create date/import date, is there a limit to number of activity series you can have 'live' at one time? Also is there a way to automate setting an activity series up each day/week?

The reason is we have website enquiries which we import directly into Act by a .CSV file & ideally want to create a standalone automated scheduling for each new enquiry - to prevent human error & also save time. 

Kind Regards,

John

Platinum Super Contributor

I'm not aware of a 'hard' limit to the number of activity series' that can be in progress at any given time, but I'm guessing that you are referring to possibly hundreds of them.  If that is the case, my only concern would center around the response time of the calendar.  It would be something to watch for...

The only automated way I can think of to kick off an activity series is through a field event.  Fields can be defined such that when updated/changed they kick of a 'task' (the task can be several things, including an activity series).  But that would be a manual update to the field to automatically kick off the series, so I don't think it would help.  This option would be through the Tools > Define Fields > edit a field screens.

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author JR_84
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thanks Greg, I'll keep an eye on the response time of the calendar & if this proves an issue will probably revert to using the previously suggested method of setting calls for multiple contacts.

Many thanks for you help.

Regards,

John