Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Auto sync

Auto sync

How can I set up auto sync on my computer for ACT 2011? My colleagues computer does it automatically so I know the program is capable.

Thanks!

Re: Auto sync

Can anyone help witht this????
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello jjablon,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. There are 3 types of syncing in ACT! 2011 - remote database, Outlook contacts/calendar, and with the Sage ACT! Connect portal. Which one are you looking to set up for automatic sync?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greig

Thanks for the response. I think what I  am looking for is the remote database. When myself or a colleague put an appointment into ACT, we have to sync and refresh for the appointment to be visable. I would like so ACT will sync and refresh automatically.

Currently my Sage ACT Connect is syncing every 15 minutes with no problems. Please let me know what you think.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can use the ACT! Scheduler to sync the remote database with the main database on a time interval, the same way you have SAC doing. There is not an option for real-time updates with remotes - you would have to directly access the main database for that. The following Knowledgebase article provides instructions for setting up automated sync with the ACT! Scheduler:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1526...

When setting up your sync interval, I would not advise anything lower than 30 minutes so your syncs won't conflict.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

This was very helpful. Thanks!