Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Auto populate Opportunities in real time

Auto populate Opportunities in real time

Hello all, quick question:

Basically, we have an outside call center for my company, and currently they E-mail us the information from the calls the come in (i.e. customer name, referral source, line, job type, job description, etc...). We have Act! 2011 Premium and Web Edition by the way.

Now, is there a way to auto-populate or auto-generate items in the opportunities tab based on the aforementioned information in real-time? Is there a way they can send us an XML file to a certain location on our server, or to our online Act! edition, and have it auto-populate the information and create a new opportunity with pre-specified fields?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Auto populate Opportunities in real time

You can have a real time update to ACT! through an API. Refer Web 2.0 API for ACT! in the development community.

Any developer with a reasonable knowledge of XML and HTTP Web requests. whether you develop in Vb.net ,C# , Java or PHP (or any other language) can use the API to do exactly what you require.

We are waiting on Sage ACT! to issue an SDK for our product so that it complies with the ACT! license requirements that are contained in the Sage ACT! EULA.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

How would I make the connection between Act! and where the date will be sent to? Basically, how would I code that, and how could I have it seemlessl integrate. Would it be done using the web based edition, or the native?

Bronze Elite Contributor

You don't need to have ACT! Premium for Web but the ACT! database needs to be available to the web for data transfer.

You need a software developer with a reasonable knowledge of XML and HTTP Web requests - not hard to find.

Alternatively you can have us do the development work for you. The process results in a seamless integration.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog