Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Auto creating new tabs

Auto creating new tabs

I am wanting to know if Act has a feature that would auto create a new tab.

I work on a challange course and when a client comes back to the course we generate a new program plan and would like to have that be generated as a tab for every new program that a client has with us.

Thanks in adavnce

Jeremy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Auto creating new tabs

I want to gathering information about an event. Example: date of event, type of group, what types of activites were used, notes about the event. I could send you the file that we fill out by hand for each client event if that would help. Basicly, I would need a new tab for each event for a specific client.

Jeremy

Nickel Elite Contributor

How about a custom table similar to Notes or History where you could add a new line for each event with no limit on the number of lines added? That can be done with ACT! 2008 version 10.0.2.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I would create Groups for each event and then attach the Contacts/Activities/Notes/Histories to the Group... then you can see all the info together
Copper Contributor

Excuse me for hijacking Jeremy's post but the answer from Mike helped me with a similar problem.  I'd just like to ask Roy about creating custom tables in tabs.  My reading says that you either use the SDK or a third party application.  Correct?

What I'd like to do is create a tab specifically tracking seminars that a client was invited to, attended, didn't show, is wait listed for etc. The Group solution form Mike works reasonably well but I would still like to see custom tables in action.  What I'm after is creating a custom one (client) to many (seminars) view in it's own tab.

Thanks in advance.

Shane

Nickel Contributor

Shane,

I think I might have your answer.  If you have 10.02, then go to www.toplineresults.com and there you could try toplinedesigner.  There are two types there.  Check it out. It looks like it would do what you want and then some!

-P

Nickel Elite Contributor

ShaneH wrote:

What I'd like to do is create a tab specifically tracking seminars that a client was invited to, attended, didn't show, is wait listed for etc. The Group solution form Mike works reasonably well but I would still like to see custom tables in action.  What I'm after is creating a custom one (client) to many (seminars) view in it's own tab.

What you describe would be an ideal application for an addon table. You are basically right, the addon tables are done through the SDK. There are three, possibly four third party addons that automate the defining and display of the addon tables so that you don't need to do the direct SDK programming. I have personally tested the one called Tablemaker Pro (full disclosure, we also resell the addon) and it's easy to use, allows defining the full range of fields including using dropdowns and copying to and from contact table fields.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks for your replies.  I think the add-ons are the way to go.  Let the testing begin.

Regards

Shane