Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Auto attach emails by domain.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Auto attach emails by domain.

[ Edited ]

I use Outlook rules to automatically attach emails to contact records.  Currently, we create a new contact for each new sender from the same company. This results in many "extra" individual contacts being generated - when all that's needed is to capture each email on a company basis. Is there a way to configure auto attachment based on the sender's domain rather than the individual email address?  

Any and all suggestions are welcome -- thanks.

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Miles Solo
‎08-24-2016 07:31 AM
Administrator

Re: Auto attach emails by domain.

Hi Miles,

This kind of matching based on the email domain is not a feature of the email integration in Act. This might be possible with a third party addon, although I am not personally aware of any.

Note: The custom action needed for the auto attach incoming emails rule is not available in Outlook 2013 and later.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Miles Solo
‎08-24-2016 07:31 AM
Administrator

Hi Miles,

This kind of matching based on the email domain is not a feature of the email integration in Act. This might be possible with a third party addon, although I am not personally aware of any.

Note: The custom action needed for the auto attach incoming emails rule is not available in Outlook 2013 and later.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Thanks for the responses.  I think "auto attach by domain" would be a valuable feature in future Act versions.

Platinum Elite Contributor

The big issue with that is that Act! is a contact manager ... So, if you deal with several users at a company, who do you attach the emails to?

If there was an auto attach by domain, I imagine it would attach to the company record.