Do you mean 

Auto attach e-mail to a specific contact in the ACT! 2010 Premium address book

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Auto attach e-mail to a specific contact in the ACT! 2010 Premium address book

Hello All,

Specs: 

Windows 7 Home Premium; single user deskptop pc. ACT! 2010 Premium with a single user database; the db is not shared nor is it on a network. 

I am reading the following ACT! Knowledge Base article: "How To Use Outlook® Rules To Attach E-mails To Contact History In ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) and Newer." At the end of the article it states, "The rule will now appear in your Rules and Alerts list in Outlook. You can edit the rule to include any other conditions, such as specifying a particular contact or contacts in the ACT! address book." 

The steps in the article has been followed. The question I have is what part of the Outlook Rules do I need to change so if for example, I send or receive (via ACT! or Outlook) an e-mail from Jim_Morrision@thedoors.com that the e-mail is auto attach to the contact Jim Morrison which is in the ACT! address book. 

Thank you, 

Rex

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vernon27
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Re: Auto attach e-mail to a specific contact in the ACT! 2010 Premium address book

Greg,

Your suggestions worked. Thanks for the help. 

Vernon

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Auto attach e-mail to a specific contact in the ACT! 2010 Premium address book

Hello Vernon27,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Assuming that the Act! Address Book has been added to Outlook the outgoing messages will automatically be attached to the contact without need for manual intervention.  If you see the Act! icons in Outlook (ex: Quick Attach and Attach to Act! Contact), the Act! address book has been added.  If you do not see those icons, review the appropriate article for adding the Act! address book to Outlook:

Add Act! address book to Outlook 2003

Add Act! address book to Outlook 2007

When setting the inbound rule for a single contact, the step to change will be #5.  Instead of selecting 'sender is in specified address book',  you will select 'from people or distribuition list' and then add the email address(es) for which the rule will apply.  From that point on, the steps are the same.

As an example, the rule will look like this:

Apply this rule after the message arrives

from jimmorrison@thedoors.com

perform 'Act! - Auto Attach E-mail to Act! Contact History'

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Greg, thanks for the info. I will try your suggestions and see how it comes out. I am so happy that I ACT! 2010 has this feature. It's a great app and was hooked the first day I used it.

Regards, 

Vernon

Solution
Accepted by topic author Vernon27
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Greg,

Your suggestions worked. Thanks for the help. 

Vernon