Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Auto Dial Cell Phone

Bronze Contributor

Auto Dial Cell Phone

ACT 2010

Has anyone figured out how to dial a cell phone from the ACT dialer?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Auto Dial Cell Phone

You would first have to get your computer to be able to dial the cellphone as the ACT! Dialer piggybacks off the machine's internal dialer.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Contributor

I was hoping to find out if anyone has been able to figure out how to get that dialer to redirect through the USB port and then send dialing commands to the cell phone.  Maybe I should submit this for a future feature?

Personally, I'm not that technical.  I can follow directions, but have no clue on how to do something like this.

Thanks for your response, though.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

John

The ACT! program hasn't had any native dialer capabilities since ACT! for Windows 2. Since ACT! 3, what you see in ACT! as dialer setup and preferences are simply a mirror of the Windows dialer capabilities. In fact when I was in tech support and someone called about the dialer, I specifically took then to the Windows control panel rather than use what was available in ACT! to emphasize the point that Windows was doing the dialing. What I always advised when the Windows dialer wouldn't work was to not mention ACT! to Microsoft or a phone company that you worked with because about 99 times out of 100 (or even more) when then could dial through Windows, the problems with ACT! went away. 

This is a long way of saying that a feature request regarding dialing a cell phone from ACT! would be a waste of time because the capability would first need to be in Windows. On the other hand, I believe there are Windows apps that will allow dialing VOIP from Windows so there may be something out there for cell phones.  

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129