Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Auto Backup won't save file/attachment

Nickel Contributor

Auto Backup won't save file/attachment

I use automatic backup and have clicked the button to save the attachments/files along with everything else.  However, when I go to see what's in the ZIP file, there are no attachments.  Am I missing something?

pat

Bronze Contributor

Re: Auto Backup won't save file/attachment

Hi Pat.  I am not a consultant or technician, but the first think that crossed my mind is whether or not you are allowing ACT to put the attachments in the default location or are you forcing them somewhere else?  That would be one reason.

For the more advanced helpers on this board they will want to know your version number and have you ever successfully done a backup with attachments.  If so, what changes did you make to the system, like maybe an upgrade or moving the db to a new computer.

Hope this helps a little.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Nickel Contributor

John,

Hope all is well.

My attachments are in this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Pat\My Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\Databases\PersonalInfo1-database files\Attachments

The version I run is ACT! by Sage Premium version 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 4.  I have never tried a backup with attachments although I must tell you that I have had the "ADD Attachments" to the backup for the last few days backing it up two times a day with 2 copies of the database.

I am backing up the database in a different location rather than the ACT! folder. So in other words, all of ACT!'s folders are in the right place, but the backup is being directed elsewhere.

No other major things were done to the database.

I hope that helps.

Pat 

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Pat,

If you are using ACT! to back up your database and you are checking the box that says include attachments, then it will back up the attachments.

Why do you think there not getting backup? If your double clicking on the zip file you will see 3 files, BackupStageManifest,LIGWO, and SupplementalAbruption, also there should be a folder in there with the name of drive, if you keep opening the folders you should eventually come to the attachments folder, your attachments should be in there.

Hope this helps

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Nickel Contributor

Kurt,

Greetings!  The reason why I am not seeing them is because the size of the file in the attachment folder in "My Documents\ACT!" is 10 Gigs large and when I open up the Zip backup file, it's only 256 MB. Plus, the folder you mentioned (with the name of the Drive) is not there.

Pat

Copper Elite Contributor

Pat,

Are you using the act scheduler to back up your database, or are you going into act and going to file backup?

If you are using the scheduler, please try doing a manual back up and see if you get a different result.

Kurt Rosemann

Nickel Contributor

I tried your suggestion and it doesn't work either way.  both times I clicked to save the attachments and it didn't save any attachments.

I am getting concerned.

Pat

Copper Elite Contributor

Hey Pat,

Take a look in your mail messages, I have sent you a couple of options you can try.

Kurt Rosemann