Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attempting to duplicate a contact creates blank record

Copper Contributor

Attempting to duplicate a contact creates blank record

[ Edited ]

I have ACT! Pro 2012 running on WIndows XP Pro Version 2002 SP3.  I am attempting to do Contact... Duplicate Record and no matter what option I choose (duplicate primary fields or all fields) it creates a blank record.  How do I fix this?

BTW... I do NOT get the "null" error message others are talking about with ACT! 2010...

Thanks!

Robert Alexander

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Attempting to duplicate a contact creates blank record

Hello Robert,
I was able to duplicate this issue, but only when the Web Info tab is selected. I will submit this issue for investigation and provide an update when more information is available. The workaround for now would be to go to another tab when duplicating a contact. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention - we look forward to your future contributions.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Yes!  I forgot to clarify... I only see the issue when I am active on the "Web Info" tab.  But this is a big deal because I live on that tab.  :-)

Platinum Elite Contributor

I understand and this is what I found as well when I tested. I have submitted this as a program issue and will update this post when additional information is available.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Greig, did this issue ever get fixed? My custoemr and my pc has same prob with act2013 premium. At a dead end.

Is anyone working on ACT! bugs/issues?

02072014- I believe I worked out the solution below as it pertains to using my Fill Staff ACT! database for recruiters.

Note keyword: Target Database. In this case, my Fill Staff DB was the Target DB...

It worked for me on ACT!2013Premium and ACT!v16Pro (Windows7Pro and Vista Pro). Also see image re merge settings.

====

HOW TO RESOLVE ACT! Database IMPORT PROBLEM  NOT ABLE TO CORRECTLY "CREATE DUPLICATE RECORDS FROM CONTACT RECORDS"     AFTER IMPORTING YOUR ORIGINAL ACT! DB DATA  INTO  ANOTHER ACT! DATABASE SUCH AS: FILLSTAFF ATS ACT! DB.

Basic Process: From Bad ACT! database, create a Empty Copy of the bad database ( File / Save AS / Empty Copy )..  

Then, Exporting the bad records out of the Bad ACT! database, into somthing like Txt Tab Delimited file(Note:  Excel not recommended if you wish to retain your Notes ),  

Then importing that txt file into that empty File/Save Copy As ACT! DB will resolve data corruption.

Note: Newly created records are probably not affected and the Contact Record feature: CONTACTS/CREATE DUPLICATE CONTACT should function normally?

Details can be viewed from my server in pdf format at

http://034f1b3.netsolhost.com/001aACTDATABASEBLANKDUPLICATERECORDHOWTORESOLUTION02072014.pdf 

======================================================================================

Hope this helps others. Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html