Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attempted to read or write protected memory this is often an indication that other memory is corrupt

Attempted to read or write protected memory this is often an indication that other memory is corrupt

I'm using Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1 and Microsoft office 2007.  When I attempt a mail merge I get "Attempted to read or write protected memory this is often an indication that other memory is corrupt".  When I close Act it asks me "there are open documents do you want to save your changes?".  If I say yes then the document does get saved and I can navigate to the folder and open it.  However the document never shows up until I close Act, save the document and then re-open it.  I have tried renaming normal.dotm and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Act.  Also have ran office diagnostics.  So far no fix.  Anybody have any other ideas??

Bronze Contributor

Re: Attempted to read or write protected memory this is often an indication that other memory is corrupt

You might try the following KB as it may give you some clearer insights to the problem

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2425...

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: Attempted to read or write protected memory this is often an indication that other memory is corrupt

I have read and followed all of the acvice in that KB.  Still have the same problem.  The only thing I haven't done is uninstall and reinstall office.