Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is oftten an indication that memory is corrupt.

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is oftten an indication that memory is corrupt.

Well, I have been trying to do email merge to my clients.
For some resons there is a message which appears all the time, I try to do mailing.
Message says

Is there anyone who could advice where the problem is ? I have been doing mailing for ages, this is first time when it happened.

Thank you in advance for resolving my problem.

Not sure what version of Office you are running, but I am running Office 2007. I ran Office Diagnostics and it fixed the problem. I was receiving that error when I was trying to merge a letter into Words 2007 from ACT.

Re: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is oftten an

Thanks for prompt answer, I will try to do that, however I am full of doubts as it is something with my office software, as I have tried to do mailing from three different computers in the office and this message have been appearing. Any way, I will let you know if it works.

Thanks once again.

Re: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is oftten an

I have just checked, and does not work Smiley Sad

Any more suggestions please !!!!

Copper Contributor

RE: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is oftten an indication that...

I also received this message.  I'm running Vista with Office 2003.  I did a 'Detect and Repair' for Office 2003 and the issue disappeared.  Whether or not this will correct problem for you I don't know.  However, it worked for me.  Make sure you have the original installation disk for Office 2003 when performing the 'Detect and Repair'.

Hope this helps!

Skip

Tuned Listener

Re: Attempted to read or write protected memory.

I am having the same problem when I try to print labels.

Re: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is oftten an indication that memory is corrupt.

[ Edited ]

I, too got the "attempted to write protected memory" stuff and it just crashes. Running Vista 32bit, Office 2007, ACT! 2010 (v12) with SP1, and the **bleep** thing hates me. Sure beats a blue screen though!  Tried Office diagnostics, tried uninstalling/reinstalling ACT, Office AND Windows. MSDN has no info, can't find a solution anywhere. I have all my updates, everything's current. She's full of gas and got plenty of spark, but she just won't stay runnin' for long. My head hurts from banging it on my desk, and I now wish soo badly that QuickBooks would release a new version of Customer Manager for the desktop instead of a web based cow patty.  Any suggestions, Yoda?

(edited for Language)

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is oftten an indication that memory is corrupt.

Here is an article with additional steps for helping to resolve this issue: KB Article 24256

Greg Martin
Sage

I've already been through every step in that article, none of it has provided any relief.  Any other suggestions?

Tuned Listener

I used this article and followed the instructions to replace the normal.dot file which worked for me, but only after I'd included the search for hidden files as specified. Thanks