I use Microsoft Word 2007 as my default word processor.
I have created my own database (i.e. I am not using the 'ACT10Demo' database).
Today I noticed that my Word documents was not creating a History record in ACT!
I checked the 'ACT10Demo' database, and the word letter template for this database did create a history.
As I had modified the "Letter.adt" template in under my own database, I believed the reason could be that the ID header was missing in my own template (I believed that could have happened as I added a page counter in the header section?).
So I copied the "Letter.adt" template from the demo database over to my own database.
This resulted in the error message "Attempted to read or write protected memory".
I do also get this error when trying to use the letter template from the demo database.
After this, I have tried to repair the databases, both from Tools in ACT! and directly from the SQL database software. With no luck.
I have also tried to repair the Word installation, with no result.
I even remember now that I had the same problem with my old ACT! 2006. Then it would help to restart the computer, and toggle between the ACT! word processor and the Word processor, in order to have the Word template start working.
As I had many problems installing ACT! 2008 with .NET, I really hope that I will not have to do a new installation.