Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attachments to Emails

Tuned Listener

Attachments to Emails

Is there a way to set up so that when I write an ACT email from a template I can click a box to add several files.

For example, if I'm sending an email about selling Widget A and I want to attach the flyer, I'd like to make a simple system for adding the files relative to that item, rather than dragging and dropping them from the folder.

Thanks.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Attachments to Emails

You did not say which email application you are using as there is usually an icon on the toolbar looks like a paperclip to attach files to the email.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Silver Contributor

I'm not aware of one that does exactly that to the ACT mail merge utility.  The one that comes closest is Quotewerks.  When creating a quote, you have a list of spec sheets that are avable because specific items are on your quote, and also a literature selection where you can choose specifice attachments to accompnanie the quote.

Another idea is Northwoods Mail Merge.  You can't attach random files on the fly, but you can specify which attachments accompany a particular letter template. 

We use both tools and it makes corresponding a whole lot easier.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

I am using the Act email program because in my office only some computers can get Act to work with Outlook. I've seen many online postings about not being able to get outlook to work correctly, making to link histories. I have to write the email in the Act email editor and then pres send through outlook. It would be a nice feature to have several files automatically linked to the email templates when they are sent. Is this an option that you mentioned? Thanks.
Silver Contributor

Yes, that is the feature.  Unless you need to send out quotes and proposals (in which case Quotewerks), Northwoods is probably the best tool for what you need.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider