Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching files to email

Copper Contributor

Attaching files to email

I am using ACT2007.  When I send an email to a contact from within ACT and I attach a file, the file does not get transmitted with the message.  The setting inside the ACT preferences is set to use Outlook to send emails.  I am using Outlook 2003. 

If I send the exact same email with the attachment using only Outlook, then I don't have a problem.  Unfortunately, in this case, I can't use the mailmerge capabilities of ACT.

Any insights or suggestions.

Re: Attaching files to email

I have a client with the same problem. I've tried several fixes with no luck. The user can send the attachement with her Outlook, but then it locks up.

Re: Attaching files to email

I am not sure if my problem is the same as yours but it seems similiar.  I am using Outlook 2003, vista and Act2008.  I seemed to be able to send emails fine and then a couple of days ago I could not send any emails with attachments from outlook, even small 50K attachments.  It seems like the "Microsoft Office Outlook is synchronizing folders" in the task bar starts up and then the email gets trapped in the outbox and never sends.

If I send an email without attachment it seems to go fine.

Did either of you find a solution, maybe it can point me in the right direction.

I also want to add that I had never imported my emails into ACT email and only used Outlook, then around the same time that this started to happen, I clicked on something and Act email started and imported all the messages from Outlook.

I am guessing some kind of synch problem happened between outlook and Act email?