Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching emails to contact

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Attaching emails to contact

I can't seem to attach emails sent to contact.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Attaching emails to contact

Hello Tortuga,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Please provide some additional information:

- What version of ACT! are you running?

- Are you using ACT! Internet Mail or integrated with Outlook?

- What version of Outlook are you running?

In the chance that you are integrated with Outlook and able to send emails correctly, it may be that the ACT! address book may not have been added to Outlook.  View this article for instructions on adding the address book (first section): KB Article 23022.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Tortuga,

Please provide some additional information:

- What version of ACT! are you running?

- Are you using ACT! Internet Mail or integrated with Outlook?

- What version of Outlook are you running?

In the chance that you are integrated with Outlook and able to send emails correctly, it may be that the ACT! address book may not have been added to Outlook.  View this article for instructions on adding the address book (first section): KB Article 23022.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

I am using Act 2011 and Outlook 2010 and they are integrated. Thanks for your help. Tortuga.

Did you try the steps to add the address book (the linked article in the previous response)?

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your help! I got it to attached emails now

[ Edited ]

You had better luck than I.  Would someone KNOWLEDGEABLE from Sage PLEASE give me  DETAILED instructions on how to have my emails automatically attach to ACT! History?  I'm using ACT! 2011 Pro, Windows 7, Outlook 2010.  So far all I've received is an OUTDATED article referencing earlier versions of all three.  C'mon, make an effort to answer the SPECIFIC question.

Michael,

One thing I realized later is that the emails were actually attaching to my contacts,but I kept hitting the Activities tab and saw no emails attached.  When I clicked on the History tab they were there.

Tortuga

Copper Contributor

I am having the same problem. Outlook and ACT! are sharing contacts and calendar activities, but when I launch an email from with ACT!, or from within Outlook, I am not getting any history on the contact record. I am still in the trial period--would that be the problem?

Hello Rolledupsleeves,

The synchronization of Contacts and Calendar are separate from the email system (and recording history).  First you will need to make sure that ACT! is set up to use Outlook through the Tools > Preferences > Email Setup tab.  Along with setting up ACT! to use Outlook, you will add the ACT! database to the Outlook Address Book (a step in the email setup).  Here is an article with instructions for setting this up: KB Article 26832

Once setup, you will have additional icons available in Outlook (ex: Quick Attach, Attach to ACT! Contact, Create ACT! Contact, etc.).

If this does not help resolve your issue, please provide addtional information about your issue:

- version of Office (is it 64-bit version or installed as 'Click to Run'?)

- version of ACT!

- steps taken to set up email

- any errors

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Yeah, I had done all that, and I rechecked it again. I also went through this article:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=19... but no help.

I'm running Outlook 2007, ACT! 2011 Pro (Trial) on Win XP version 2002, service pack 3, on an Intel 1.4 Ghz cpu with 1 G ram (Dell Inspiron 6000 (laptop).

Appreciate the help.