Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching e-mails to customer data base.

Attaching e-mails to customer data base.

My OS is XP, using outlook 2007 and ACT 2010. I have followed the instructions for setting up the attaching of e-mail to a customer, but everytime I restart my computer it is not there to use. When I go in to programs/ACT/Act for Windows and locate the Act Outlook Service.exe to double click it will come up with message that windows does not reckonize this file and can not pen. There has been times that after I double click and I look in the Task Manager it is there and it works. So how do I open this file to mark it for start up?

I thought that I would reinstall my ACT, but from the control panal add/remove program it would not let me uninstall. So then I tryed to run the disc to maybe do a repair and the the disc will not open in the CD player. 

I love the product. I used it many years ago and the company that i work for furnished me the product since I work at home.

So I need some help, please.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Attaching e-mails to customer data base.

Hello Bearpaw,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It may be that the service has been disabled through the Windows System Configuration Utility (MSConfig).  Here is an article which describes how to open the utility: KB Article 21972  (You don't need to set your computer to 'Selective Startup', just giving the article as a reference point).

Within the Configuration utility, look for the Startup tab > under Command, locate: 'C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe' > is this option enabled (checked)? 
If not, enable it and click OK.  Reboot computer to test.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for the reply. I open the config file, went to start up and the only item refering to Act was ActSage file. I can go to program, Act/Act for Windows. ActOutlook seervice.exe and find it. But you can not open it. When I double click on it an error comes up telling me that windows can not open this file. That windows needs to know the program to open it. When I click ok, a window opens to look for a file association program and everything is for someones program to buy. I have double clicked and rebooted and some times it will work, but I want it to work without all of this trouble.

Thanks. By the way are you in the Atlanta, Ga area? I have a skype phone number whereas i can call anywhere in the US or Canadia at no charge if that is possible.

Bearpaw

Platinum Super Contributor

It appears that item wasn't updated correctly (possibly blocked by anti-virus) when originally installed. I would try uninstalling ACT! (do not uninstall SQL), disable anti-virus, reinstall ACT!. Then check to see if the item is listed in the config utility.
Greg Martin
Sage