Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching a file when clearing an activity

Attaching a file when clearing an activity

Hi, I could swear that I used to be able to attach a file when I cleared an activity, like a client meeting. I am using ACT 2011 and when I clear a client activity I want to be able to attach a file to the cleared activity, for example my notes from the meeting as a PDF. Currently when I go to attach the only option that is not grayed out is attach as a link, the attach as a file is greyed out. I have checked my setting in preferences and have allowed files to be attached to the database. Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks

Colin

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Attaching a file when clearing an activity

[ Edited ]

Hello Colin,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. In ACT! 2011, a new adminstrative function was added to allow or disallow attachments to the database. It sounds like the option to attach files to the database is not selected. Go to Tools > Preferences >Admin tab (will need to click the right arrow on the tab row to see it). Then check the option to "Allow files to be attached to this database". This setting can only be done by a database administrator.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for the reply, but I already had that clicked off and its not working

Colin

Are you able to attach files to new activities, histories and under the documents tab?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Yes I can, I can attach a file when adding a new history. It only seems I cannot attach a file when clearing an activity

The issue where the option to attach a file when clearing an activity is actually a reported issue currently under investigation. When there is an update for this issue it will be posted in this forum.

The workaround is to attach the file to the activity prior to clearing it. We regret any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Greig Hollister

Bronze Contributor

I am finding that with Hotfix 4 this is still a problem has this been resolved in Hotfix 5 as I am not able to see that it has from the release notes

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.