Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching Outlook Email, icon missing from systray

Attaching Outlook Email, icon missing from systray

Somehow, I've disappeared the icon from my systray that shows the status of emails I'm trying to attach to my contacts.  Can anyone tell me how to get it to showup again?

Linda Yazell

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Attaching Outlook Email, icon missing from systray

By default, this icon will only be visible in the system tray if there are unresolved failed attachments. If you would like to manually open the status screen, then type the following command from Start/Run (Windows XP) or Start/Search (Windows Vista /7):

"C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe" -showqueue

Include the quotes and note the space after .exe"

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Greig,  I guess I need to restate the problem then.  The problem is that when I have a message in Outlook that I want to attach to an Act! Contact, I click on the icon in Outlook to do the attachment, but nothing shows up in my Act Contact's record.  In my contact record, I have looked for it under history, but nothing is there.  It used to work but no longer does.

There is an Act contacts folder in my Outlook address book.  And when I try to do the attachment,  it appears that everything is working properly.  Any ideas?

Linda Yazell

Use the command in my previous response to open the Quick Attach status screen, and look under the "Not Attached Messages" tab. You should see messages that have failed to attach. If you slide the screen to right you will see a column that gives the reason the messages were not attached. Some common reasons for messages not recording in history can be found in KB 19948.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

I was having this problem and typing the command in the Run dialog opened the status screen and showed that there were no unresolved attachments, so I guess, as the "default," the icon wasn't in the system tray.

I noticed this yesterday when I wanted to attach a specific email to other contacts who wouldn't have been automatically attached, after I had sent the message.

Is there a way to change the default so that the icon is ALWAYS in the system tray? Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is not a way to always make this show. It is only visible while emails are being quick-attached or if there are unresolved attachment failures. You can however, create a shortcut on your Desktop with the command line "C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe" -showqueue that you can double-click to bring up the Quick Attach dialog box whenever you need to see it.

Greig Hollister

KTE

My ACT icons are missing from the toolbar in Outlook. I've tried going into the Addins Mgr in Outlook, but there are no ACT addins listed to add. We have ACT 2011 Pro and are using Outlook 2003. Any suggestions on how to get the icons back?

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello KTE,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article with steps for resolving the issue of Act! icons missing from Outlook: KB Article 23022

Greg Martin
Sage

Platinum Super Contributor

Jackbuffa,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Your post did not contain any text. If you had a comment or question for the Community, you'll need to post it again.

Be sure to double check your post after submission - if it continues to remove the text, let us know which internet browser (including version) you are using.
Greg Martin
Sage