Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching Emails to contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Attaching Emails to contacts

I use Vista and learned here that I had to disable the User Account Control to use the ACT Email feature. It is working fine. But now the EMs don't attach to the contact history, which is critical. I went to Tools, and Preferences, clicked the email tab. The bottom section, "attaching Emails to contacts" is grayed out and will not let me change it. FYI, I use Microsoft Outlook.

So anyone know how I can get the Emails to attach? This was very simple on previous ACT versions.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author fragaz
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Attaching Emails to contacts

I added the ACT address book. Exited and Re-started Outlook as instructed. It did not work. According to Putlook, the ACT address book is added. It shows up in Address Books. But the attachment section of Tools in ACT is still grayed out.

Any idea?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Are you using Outlook or ACT! E-mail as your default email client?

If using Outlook, then make sure you have added your ACT! Address book to Outlook (see Knowledgebase article 19204)

If using ACT! Email, then make sure in the E-Mail Setup, that you have chosen ACT! E-mail as your email client so that the Composing Options will be accessible.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author fragaz
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I added the ACT address book. Exited and Re-started Outlook as instructed. It did not work. According to Putlook, the ACT address book is added. It shows up in Address Books. But the attachment section of Tools in ACT is still grayed out.

Any idea?