Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching Email to an Opportunity

Highlighted

Re: Attaching Email to an Opportunity

Exactly (no pun intended) which add on does this?

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Outlook IntegrateR1 will do this.  You simply right click on the message in your inbox or your sent items folder, and then choose records to specific contact/records.  You can then search for the name of the opportunity that you created in ACT!.  Then attach it.  You can also configure what search fields you want to search on in the opportunity.  So if you created a custom field, we can use that to search on.

Free 30 day trial if I remember correctly.

http://www.designr1.com/shop/outlook-integrater1/

Works on ACT! 2005-2011.  Works with Outlook 2000-2010.

If you want to be able to attach to opportunities, then you need ACT! 2010 or newer.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

mbackman
If you go to www.freeactaddons.com and choose the first free addon called Xact Outlook Contacts Addin that will do what you want. Sorry for the confusion we need to be clearer with the explanation. Will make changes to the description on our site soon.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted

I also tried installing this but got nowhere. I followed the instructions, but I just don't get the Xact menu options appearing in the Add-Ins tab. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Pecks,

What version of Outlook are you running? 

Graeme Leo

Highlighted

Hi Gleo
I'm running 2010
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

The addon for Outlook,  downloaded from www.freeactaddons.com was built for Office 2003 and while it will run with 2010 or 2013 it will get rejected from time to time. With changes to Visual Studio and release of Office 2010 allows us to build a more robust integration, however we won't have the new version available until late October 2013. Thanks for your enquiry. 

Graeme Leo

Highlighted

thanks, we look forward to your next release
Highlighted

Hi Graeme,

I'm using Outlook 2007, Win 7, and Act Pro v16.  Can't seem to get your (truly needed) Outlook Addin to work.  I follow the instructions to the letter, but I just don't see any results.  I'm hoping the release you suggested above might help this, so was hoping to find out what your schedule looks like.  I understand it's a free product, and that you need to invest in it only when it makes business sense, so whatever you can do is truly appreciated by the community.

Btw, I think it may have something to do with the o2007pia.msi installation.  I suspect this because your instructions say to follow the intallation instructions when running it, but none come up.  Windows suggests there is a compatiblity error when I run a compatibility check. 

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Andy

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Andy,

We are currently full time on moving our add-on software products to subscription services. Unfortunately we don't have anytime to spend to update free add-ons at this point. It is likely in early 2014 we will update the free products and they would fall under the subscription model but the base version remain free.  

Graeme Leo