Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching Email to an Opportunity

Highlighted

Re: Attaching Email to an Opportunity

Hi Graeme,

Been a number of months.  Hoping you might have some good news on your addin for attaching email to opp's from within Outlook - the ugliest, most painful missing capability in Act. 

Thanks!

Andy

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Andy,

I have being using "Outlook Integrator R1" (Design R1) and "Impact Business" (Durkin Computing) for a long time.

Both add-ons are just fine.

SUPPORT: you can relay on both developers. They answer your questions and help you to solve your problems.

"Impact" has a lot of functions. Much more than what you are looking for now.

"Outlook Integrator" is just fine...

It solves that boring and unstable ACT! <> Outllok behaviour (now solved to me) that sometines works sometimes don´t.

As I want to synch my database with IPad I can save to messages to contacts (as a link to allow me to open it later in Outlook if necessary) and also text message as history.

This allow me to see message (as a history) linked to ACT! contacts in IPad. This way I can have full access to messages in desktop computer and also in IPad.

I definetely recommend both.

Hope this helps.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I looked through the thread and tried a bunch of the solutions, no go. However, I found Act4Outlook from https://www.keystroke.ca/en/apps/act4-products/act4outlook.html which works very well. THis is what the outlook integration SHOULD have been in Act.
Highlighted

Thanks!  I'll check it out.  But I long since stopped using any integration between Act and Outlook.  I kept ending up with duplicated contacts - several times I went through the painful merge process, one contact at a time, but then just gave up on the integration.  I'll check this out!

Anyone else have experience with this add-on?

Thanks!

Andy

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

So the plug in doesn't do anything to replace contact syncing, but allows you to use the act database AS your contact look in outlook so you don't need to sync. You can also initiate emails from Act!.
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

With Act Cloud you can attach Emails to Oppertunities - unfortunately this functionality is not yet avaialble ( or may never be ??) in Act Self hosted. 

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AndyF wrote:

Hi Graeme,

Been a number of months.  Hoping you might have some good news on your addin for attaching email to opp's from within Outlook - the ugliest, most painful missing capability in Act. 

Thanks!

Andy

Andy, we do have good news for all those seeking solid, reliable and innovative integration of Act! and desktop Act! (Pro or Premium incl extended version support for Office 64bit). There is even a FREE standard version, take a look at Xact Inbox: XactInbox.com for the free option there is also FreeActAddons 

Xact Inbox Image.png

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Personally, I really like Act4Outlook from https://www.keystroke.ca/en/apps/act4-products/act4outlook.html 

Works great.