Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching E-mails from Outlook 2010 to Contacts in Sage ACT version 12

Attaching E-mails from Outlook 2010 to Contacts in Sage ACT version 12

[ Edited ]

Dear friends,

I recently replaced my laptop and loaded ACT SAGE version 12 on the new one. I set-up the outlook email integration but I can not get the email I send to attach to existing ACT contacts.

I've read and completed: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19948

Areas I have completed:

Administrative Preferences (Sage ACT! 2011 & Higher)

Act.Outlook.Service.exe is  Running 

Apply macro security settings to installed add-ins", is unchecked.

In my outlook Add-in tab, I see the sync contacts with ACT icon and the Sync Calendar with ACT icon

ACT.Outlook.Service.exe *32 is running in task manager

ActSage.exe *32 running is running in task manager

Sage.ACT.Integration.exe *32 is running in task manager

I am running Windows 7 64 bit OS

Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Microsoft Outlook 2010

Can anyone tell me what I am missing or overlooked? Anyone else have the same issue? If so how did you fix it?

Silver Contributor

Re: Attaching E-mails from Outlook 2010 to Contacts in Sage ACT version 12

It sounds like the ACT plugin may have become disabled or is conflicting.  In Outlook, File, options, Addins.  See if act outlook is disabled.  If so enable it. Also, you might disable any plugins that you know you do not need a lot of programs stick plugins in and some have caused the ACT plugin to become disabled.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

thanks for your input jonmklub but unfortuneatly the ACT add-in is already active. Any other ideas? I remember their used to be a litle icon in the hide icon tray that was different than the Sage ACT integration servivce. I have the icon in the in the tray for Sage ACT integration service.

But it is still not attaching sent email out of outlook as history entries in ACT?

It is so weird.

Bronze Super Contributor

To make the Act.Outlook.Service.exe app come to the front, you can open a command prompt, navigate to the program folder for ACT (likely C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act For Windows\) and run Act.Outlook.Service.exe -showqueue

That will show you if any emails are in the queue to be attached. In the KB that Jon mentioned, it talks about the HistoryQueue path, and Qpath, I'd double check those.

thanks for the advice benhamilt. I'm afraid nothing worked.

first, I tried locating the file you mentioned Act.Outlook.Service.exe -showqueue and it didn't exist. the closest file name was Act.Outlook.Service.exe but again had no -showqueue file. 

I double check to see if the Add-on was disabled and it was not. Still active. I disabled other like you recommended that I know I don't use.

Also I followed the instruction in the KB... I located the HistoryQueue path and deleted the contents (after making a copy and pasting it to the desktop). Closed the service from task manager and reopend the service for the windows explorer. Ran a test message and still no log in ACT.

Lastly, I double checked Qpath. to file there was no Qpath file. I followed the instruction in KB to create my own Qpath. then again ran a test message and still no log in ACT.

What would you guys do from here? Is there some universal restore of default settings? or is that simply called uninstall and reinstall? I'd prefer not to go that routed because its very time consuming. But at this point I just might have to.

Anyone from the manufactor what to chime in???

Bronze Super Contributor

you've found the right file, the "-showqueue" is typed in after that command on the command line.

Platinum Super Contributor

Have you verified that the ACT! database has been added to the Outlook Address Book?  KB Article 23022

Greg Martin
Sage

thanks greg martin for the tip. I think you are on the right track. I went to configure the address book per the KB 26796. But when I did their was no ACT Address book to select in step 6. I am using Office 32 bit as well. as per KB 26713

Now I know the issue is because there is no ACT address book in Outlook. But I can't seem to "ADD" the address book.

One thing I noticed and I am not sure if it matters but in the Add-Ins Extension window in Outlook the ACT! Outlook AddIn is under Active Application Add-ins the location is mscoree.dll all the other add-ins locations are to a file path like C:\...Office...

Any other knowledgebase articles that will help the none  ACT Address Book in Outlook??

I appreciate everyone's advice. I know we are so close to the solution.

All I appreciate your help and advice. since history events and automatically attaching emails to contacts are so important to my business. I uninstalled and re-installed ACT. After restoring  my database, my functions and features are working again.

Not the best option but it worked... 3 hours later.

Again, thank you to all who helped. Best -Joseph

Silver Contributor

In the future, although I'm glad that worked, the problem was with the plugin.  Not the database or even the ACT program.  Sometimes the uninstall/reinstall route can cause more problems than it fixes.  proceed with caution.  Smiley Happy

Glad you're back in business.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider