Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attached Documents

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Attached Documents

I have a question which im sure ACT cannot solve due to the way it attaches documents and shortcuts.

Here is the scenario, 

Background 

On our network we have individual folders for all our clients where we save letters and other documents created using word, excel, pdf etc...

Problem

When we create a letter within ACT using word or ACT Processor, it happily attaches the file to the history of the relevant contact.  the actual file is saved in the database folder / attachments folder on our network.  It doesnt save the file in the specific folder for that client. So you get hundreds of files in no particular order.

What I would like to know

Can a folder be attached to a contact so that all files created via ACT are automatically saved in the relevant client folder?

I know some software can do this, such as IRIS which I believe is owned by Sage.

Any help is appreciated!

many thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cambourne
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Attached Documents

Act! will not do this - all attachments, no matter what tab they are 'attached' on (history, notes, Documents, etc.) are placed in the Attachments folder of the database in use - non-negotiable.

Options - Merge the template, do a 'Save as' after the document has been marked up as desired, and save it to the client folder desired.  Print it, select Save History, but do not check 'Attach Document to History'.

After you print and close the doc, go back to your newly created history, open it and use the Attach button to attach the document as a shortcut.  This will leave the file where you want it but still allow you to open it from the history.

A few extra clicks, but if this is what you need, then that's how it goes.

If that doesn't cut the mustard for you, then check out Scan and Organize from Software4Advisors.com - this is an add-on that offers a solution to what you are talking about...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cambourne
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Act! will not do this - all attachments, no matter what tab they are 'attached' on (history, notes, Documents, etc.) are placed in the Attachments folder of the database in use - non-negotiable.

Options - Merge the template, do a 'Save as' after the document has been marked up as desired, and save it to the client folder desired.  Print it, select Save History, but do not check 'Attach Document to History'.

After you print and close the doc, go back to your newly created history, open it and use the Attach button to attach the document as a shortcut.  This will leave the file where you want it but still allow you to open it from the history.

A few extra clicks, but if this is what you need, then that's how it goes.

If that doesn't cut the mustard for you, then check out Scan and Organize from Software4Advisors.com - this is an add-on that offers a solution to what you are talking about...

I didnt think it could.

thanks for the tip