Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attach to ACT contacts progress

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Attach to ACT contacts progress

I'm using ACT 2009 and notice in my tray an annoying icon "Attach to ACt contacts progress".    It seems to save a list of all of my emails that have not been attached.     For me, this is really not important.   If I want to attach an email to an ACT contact I'll do it manually.  If I don't open and look at this regularly it seems to save a list of all of the emails I've sent that have not been attached.  Is there any way to deactivate this process?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author victord66
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Attach to ACT contacts progress

I understood correctly.  Your history option are currently set to record history.  That means it will attempt to record history on all outgoing emails.  The emails in "attach progress" that you're seeing are failed attempts because the contacts do not exist in your database.

You can either set your history option to do not record and manually select record history for the emails you want or vice versa with manually selecting history option none on the emails you don't not want.

View solution in original post

All Replies

You will need to set your record history option to none.
Copper Contributor

Thanks, but I don't think I made myself very clear.   I like to attach some to my history section, especially the ones I send.   It's just the ones that don't automatically attach that I don't want remaining in the "Attach progress"  thingy.
Solution
Accepted by topic author victord66
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I understood correctly.  Your history option are currently set to record history.  That means it will attempt to record history on all outgoing emails.  The emails in "attach progress" that you're seeing are failed attempts because the contacts do not exist in your database.

You can either set your history option to do not record and manually select record history for the emails you want or vice versa with manually selecting history option none on the emails you don't not want.

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem however Act! is not recognizing all of the emails that are my Act! contacts. Quite frustrating as in order to manually move them each single mail needs to be attached as opposed to multiple. Using MS Outlook 2007 and Act! Pro version 13.1.111.0

This is not happening to all of my Contacts and it varies. I have checked both Outlook and Act! to ensure the email addy's are correct and  also the retry attach option, no success.