05-30-2010 11:05 PM
I am using ACT 2010 Standard on Windows 7 Pro and when i check the Attach to ACT! Contacts Progress on the taskbar it always has a red cross and the progress bar keeps looping over and over saying processing of message 0 - 55 even when there is no new messages?
06-02-2010 07:29 AM
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. This issue could mean that there are one or more emails that the ACT! Outlook Service is continually trying to attach but cannot. Usually attach errors are handled by error handlers but if the particular error is not in the list, then it can go in a continuous loop. There are two things you do here:
Empty History Queue
- Close ACT!, close Outlook
- Open Task Manager, and under the Processes tab, end process for Act.Outlook.Service.exe
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\ACT\Act for Windows 12
- In this directory, delete the folder called HistoryQueue. This will delete the "stuck" emails
- Next, browse to C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows and double-click the Act.Outlook.Service.exe file to restart the service
This should eliminate the emails that are continously trying to attach.
You may also want to add additional error handlers so that emails that cannot be attached will not get caught in a loop. An explanation and instructions are in the following Knowledgebase article:
Also, please be aware of a reported issue where emails that are sent to an Outlook email group or distribution list will not attach in ACT! history. Information and a suggested workaround are in this Knowledgebase article:
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
08-26-2010 08:59 AM
This is a known bug. I talked to ACT! support person Robin Granados and she confirmed there is an issue with attaching e-mails to a Distribution Group. Her comment was:
We are still investigating this issue and have no resolution at the moment.
Hopefully this will make it into ACT! 2011 first build.