Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attach received emails to contacts in ACT 2013 Pro

Attach received emails to contacts in ACT 2013 Pro

When I highlight or open an email and press icon or drop down for "attach to contact", nothing happens. No new history is recorded for the contact.  How do I remedy this? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Attach received emails to contacts in ACT 2013 Pro

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Windows xp,   Outlook, but we use the ACT editor for email, and I used to be able to use that to attach emails into contacts. We have ACT Pro 2013 now and it no longer works

[ Edited ]

Hello lravenscroft,
If you are using ACT! and Outlook, it is usually best to have Outlook as the email client. It is much better than the ACT! Email client. Do you already have Outlook setup for ACT!, or are you using an Internet mail account with ACT! Email?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

We found that when we use Outlook as our email client, then even outgoing emails don't record on the history, whereas if we use the ACT client, they do.  That is why we use it. It does connect to our Outlook, so the "email system" for ACT is listed as Outlook, but the email editor is the ACT email client. 

Take at look at this Knowledgebase article addressing issues with Outlook emails not recording in history:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1994...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you, but I went thru that document, following each of them. But, still, if I write an email in regular outlook it does not record.  If I write it via Act email, it does.  If I am in regular Outlook, do I need to do something special for ACT to know to record it on the contact?