Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attach does not work with Display names in Outlook

Attach does not work with Display names in Outlook

I am using ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0 and Outlook 2002 XP Enterprise Setup. I am having problems with ACT! trying to attach incoming e-mails to ACT! contacts. ACT appears to try and read the "From" field but Outlook does not display the senders e-mail address, therefore ACT! cannot find the senders name in the ACT! database. Does anyone have a solution that works around this issue? Is there something that I am doing wrong as far as setup? All outgoing messages that are sent from ACT! attach properly. In addition to this, all replies that are sent back thru Outlook will not attach to the ACT! contact either.

This is driving me nuts... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

"Loyal user since the very first edition... oh my god, I am aging myself..... I feel like a father that has watch his kid ACT! grow up"

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Attach does not work with Display names in Outlook

Rob,

I presume you followed the instructions in "How to Add My ACT! Address Book to Microsoft® Outlook® 2003, Outlook 2002 (XP) or Outlook 2000 AID 19204  Last Updated 02/25/2009 09:40 AM" to setup the Address Book.

There is a conflict with the MS Word script and the ACT! script if they both try to run at the same time. You will need to disable Word as your E-mail editor in Outlook. Here is an article from Microsoft on the subject:

Use Microsoft Word as Your Default E-Mail Editor

To turn Word on or off as your e-mail editor, follow these steps:

1. Start Outlook.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.
  3. Click to ...clear the Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages check box, and then click OK.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290954
    (SOP: set Outlook to check spelling before you send in Outlook.)
Dave Worral
ACC@Customer-IT.com
ACT! Consultant & Premier Trainer

Re: Attach does not work with Display names in Outlook

Disabled Word and reinstalled address book and still have same issue???? Confused.