Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attach To Contact using Act 12 (2010) and Outlook 2010

Attach To Contact using Act 12 (2010) and Outlook 2010

I have had Act! 12 (2010) and Outlook 2010 for about two years running under Widows 7 32bit. Until a couple of months ago, e-mail messages sent and received using Outlook 2010 have attached the full message and attachments as a History attachment to Act! contacts. Then, the link stopped working. I downloaded and saved the USPreferences.xml file. As the instructions promised, now only the subject and message text are used to create a History record. Since the message is no longer coming over as Attach to Contact, all message attachments (as well as formatting) are lost. There must be a line somewhere that can be changed from SubjectAndMessage to AttachToContact to get functionality back but I have been unable to find it.

I will sincerley appreciate any assistance with this matter as well as comments from anyone else who has had this experience.

/s/ Alan Auerbach

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Attach To Contact using Act 12 (2010) and Outlook 2010

Hi Alan,

I would do the following:

1. Click Tools and navigate to Preferences...
2. Go the Email and Outlook Sync Tab (or similar tab if it is differently named in Act! 2010)
3. click the Email System Setup button
4. on the 5th and 6th steps make sure that "Select the type of history that will be recorded" is set to "Email, Subject Message and All Attachments"

Let us know how you go.

Cheers
Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Re: Attach To Contact using Act 12 (2010) and Outlook 2010

Dear Jared,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, when running Act! 2010 and Outlook 2010 there is no Outlook tab. In fact, there is no reference to Outlook at all!

Best wishes,

/s/ Alan

P.S. I have been to Surfers' Paradise and environs a number of times (we have business in Queensland) and just love it there. I hope that you get there often and enjoy the area.