Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attach Letters and Faxes to Contact History

Attach Letters and Faxes to Contact History

I have used ACT! in the past and I am familiar with the program, but I have a newer version now.

I have not been able to find the section under "Preferences" to configure ACT! Pro 2012 so that letters and faxes (including attachments) that I write and print are automatically recorded into the contact history.

I would appreciate someone pointing me to the setting in the program.

Thanks.

awy611

Bronze Contributor

Re: Attach Letters and Faxes to Contact History

Without more information such as if you are using Outlook (and which version) or the ACT Internet Mail System for creating your eMail, the answer to setting up history for eMail should be in Preferences | E-mail & Outlook ... | E-mail System Setup button.

Hope that helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Re: Attach Letters and Faxes to Contact History

jnpurdy:

Thanks for your reply.

I should have mentioned, I began using Outlook 2010 (Win 7) for Email when I began using the ACT! Pro 2012. In the past I've just used ACT! and internet mail (no Outlook), so Outlook is a little new to me. After reading your post, I just revisited the Outlook/Email setup I had done a while back and I believe it is complete. My Emails seem to be attaching (eventurlly, if not instantly). I would, however, like to have Emails I've sent to be automatically attached to both My Contact history and to the recipient Contact's history, but I'm thinking I should create an Outlook rule to accomplish that. Do you agree?

However, my question at this time is about Letters and Faxes that I have originated . In my past experience with ACT! there was a setup section in "Tools>Preferences" for specifying the details of how and where the file copy of the letter/fax would be saved to my history and whether to include attachments or not, etc. It's the location of that config that I have searched for and cannot find now.

Hopefully, that capability has not been eliminated with 2012 version. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

awy611

By the way, this is my first inquiry to the community for assistance. I'm not really familiar with this procedure yet.