Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assigning individual calls for multiple contacts, and importing expanded list questions...HELP!

Assigning individual calls for multiple contacts, and importing expanded list questions...HELP!

Hi all.

1) Is there a way to assign individual calls for a large # of contacts?  I know you can assign them all at once, however, then it appears as  a group conference call versus an individual intial call with a customer.

2 ) Is there a way to create a company from ALL contacts at once, instead of individually doing it?  It takes a lifetime with a large list to do this.

3) Last question all.  I'm given a list with 100 contacts or so.  I import that Excel list.  I'm then given that same list + 150 or so contacts without any formal organization.  Is there a way to import that second list completely ignoring the first group of individuals that are already in ACT?

To break that down.  List of 100 customers (x)  ... new list with 200 total (x + some new y's) .. I want Y's to not interfere with my prior groups because I've assigned criteria to groups already and then they mess it all up.

Help if you can..I'm frustrated Smiley Sad

Re: Assigning individual calls for multiple contacts, and importing expanded list questions...HELP!

help?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Assigning individual calls for multiple contacts, and importing expanded list questions...HELP!

Hello daniel2121,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. In answer to your questions:

1) Unfortunately, there is not since only one unique activity can be created at a time

2) Not in ACT!, but there is an add-on called Company Wizard that can do this. Here is the link to the product page: http://sagepss.com/Solution.aspx?SolutionID=2712&sr=q=company+wizard&p=1&v=134%2c145

3) You can set up your Duplicate Checking (Tools > Preferences > Admin tab > Duplicate Checking) prior to the import; then during the import, go to the Contact Merge options, and on the left side choose "Do not change", and this should ignore any records that were already imported in.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for the quick reply!

The problem that comes into play is..

I had an old list imported, and I created groups containing criteria based upon that list.

I now have the new list, and it contains both the old contacts and NEW ones that also meet that criteria.

As a result, my old groups are now flooded with the new contacts, and I still need to create companies from these new contacts, individualized calls, etc etc.

Do i need to manually go through everything (which will take a lifetime) , or is there some way to filter the new contacts from the old?  The excel document I'm importing from by the way is structured very randomly, and would arguably take as long to structure as it would in ACT.

Platinum Elite Contributor

If you imported them on different days, you can do a look on the "Import Date" field to get a list of the contacts you imported in first. Just go to Lookup > Other Fields from the main menu

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.