Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assigning a number to a contact (i.e. invoice number)

Assigning a number to a contact (i.e. invoice number)

I already found the answer to this question on here before, but I recently started having some problems in Firefox and had to reinstall every component (as such, I lost my bookmarks :-( which really stunk). 

Anyway, I understand that ACT does not have the capability to automatically assign an invoice number to a particular contact. Personally, I find it a little weird that it doesn't, but that's what the feedback form is for, I suppose. I saw a question here that referenced the same problem, and they were linked to a website where an add-on could be purchased for around $49.99 that could do this. 

I was wondering if any of you could help point me in the right direction to obtaining it. I'd also like to know if I would need to install this add-on on every computer or just the one that holds the main database. We have ACT serverside and then access that database from individual, networked computers.

I appreciate the help!

Nickel Contributor

Re: Assigning a number to a contact (i.e. invoice number)

Was this the addon you were thinking of?   http://www.actaddons.com/products/2005/autonumbers.asp
Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

Re: Assigning a number to a contact (i.e. invoice number)

That's not the exact one... From what I'm reading, will it actually remember what the last record was? I recall the other one being about $10 cheaper, which isn't a big deal. It's another site along the same lines as that one... It shows actual video demos of how each add-on works before you make the purchase, which I liked.