Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assigning Companies to Sync Sets

Copper Contributor

Assigning Companies to Sync Sets

Is it possible to select specific Companies to be included in a Sync Set so a remote database does not have to include all of the companies in the master database?

Re: Assigning Companies to Sync Sets

No, in the Premium version you can set limited access on the companies and groups.  This will prevent certain users not to see the actual details/contacts in the company.  But they will still be able to see the company name
Copper Contributor

If there isn't a way to limit what companies are distributed with each remote database, is anyone aware of a third party company that might be able to offer a utility or service to programatically create divisions from company records based on a common ID with the Parent company?  I need to be able to associate 5,000 plus hospitals (company records) in my database to their respective parent company without having to go through the process of manually dragging and dropping the company onto the parent organization to create the division.

I have just installed ACT 2010 and cannot believe that this issue has not been addressed !

My sales people keep asking me why they have hundreds of names in their company view of companies they don't manage.

It would not be be different to implement this just provide the option to filter the Company table as well !

Its worse, not only can they see the companies they don't manage but they can change the data in the fields as well, ahhhh !