Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assign products to companies and view by products

Assign products to companies and view by products

I am fairly new to ACT and just got ACT 2010 after a long time of not having used ACT so this maybe is a basic question, but I would like to do 2 things and can't see that I can do them yet.

1. We are a software company and license a number of different products and databases. I would like to be able to assign what products and versions our existing customers have to store them in ACT. These should be associated by "Account" i.e. company rather than a specific contact. Is this possible? And how do I view the products associated with a company.

2. I would like to be able to search or run a a report by product and see which existing customer has what as what as which leads are looking at buying this product.

3. Can I have more than one price list (we have different price lists for different classifications of customers)

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Assign products to companies and view by products

You could attempt to do this in 2010 with just creating fields, but this can be combersome as Accounts can have 0, 1 or any number of existing products - so how many fields would you create?  And then searching the fields is a problem...

A better solution is to look at something like TopLine Results Designer which is an addon that installs right into your Act! system and allows you to create custom tabs that display custom tables.  You would create a 'Purchased Software' table (or the like), add the needed fields, and display it on the Account screen as another tab.

It will allow searches and list view, so that should allow you to find leads.

I beleive they have a demo so you can try it out.

It's very cool!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Assign products to companies and view by products

I agree with the suggestion of using Topline Designer.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129