Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Are alarms supposed to make a sound when the time arrives....

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Are alarms supposed to make a sound when the time arrives....

Hi again.  Another "issue" here.  I am using ACT 2010.  Prior to that, I used 2007.  With both versions, I will set meeting reminders, phone call reminders, etc and schedule them with an "Alarm".  What does a person have to do to have the alarm actually play a sound in case I miss the flashing signal at the bottom of my screen.  Or am I wrong in assuming that I should hear some sort of sound at the alarm time when the scheduling box says "Ring Alarm" and then gives options of when the alarm is supposed to "ring"?  Thanks again.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author id2nv2nj2ca
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Are alarms supposed to make a sound when the time arrives....

I have 2007, and yes you can make the alarm sound in that at least. Go to Tools/Preferences/Calendars and Scheduling/Scheduling Preferences/Customise Alarms. You can use the default sound or pick your own and set how long it plays for. Don't know about 2010, but I guess it must be something similar.

Trouble is, in 2007 it keeps on randomly defaulting back to no alarm from time to time, as do many other of my Preferences. Very frustrating.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

The ACT! activity alarm sound depends on the Windows sound settings.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author id2nv2nj2ca
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

I have 2007, and yes you can make the alarm sound in that at least. Go to Tools/Preferences/Calendars and Scheduling/Scheduling Preferences/Customise Alarms. You can use the default sound or pick your own and set how long it plays for. Don't know about 2010, but I guess it must be something similar.

Trouble is, in 2007 it keeps on randomly defaulting back to no alarm from time to time, as do many other of my Preferences. Very frustrating.

Hi Graham.  Thank you so much.  It appears all I had to do was download a different WAV file, because once I did that, and set it as the alarm sound, it works like a charm.  Thank you again.
Copper Elite Contributor

Great! I hope 2010 has overcome the disappearing preferences issues, and your alarm keeps ringing!