Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Are Active X issues in email an issue still in version 11?

Copper Super Contributor

Are Active X issues in email an issue still in version 11?

Hi,

recently upgraded to the current version.  Previous versions of Act I have used had issues with email merges created from templates in Word.  Recipients (the majority anyways) would get an ActiveX error when trying to open my merged email document.  It certainly caused concerns re viruses and also just annoyed a lo tof people.  The workaround was to use the Act Word Processor which was irritating. 

Has this issue been eradicated, or is it still prevalent?  I tried a test email merge to myself (using Outlook 2007) and didn't get the error, nor does it appear that anyone has written about it since 2008, so sI suspect it is gone. 

Still, would prefer confirmation here.  Especially if recipients on older versions of Outlook may still get the error.

Mike

Re: Are Active X issues in email an issue still in version 11?

We are running Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1 and we do have the ActiveX issue when we mailmerge using a Word template. I would like to know what the fix is!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

mwolf,
What version of Outlook are you using? This was more of an issue with Outlook 2002 and 2003. The workaround was to lower your Security zone setting from "Restricted" to "Internet". Do this by going to Tools > Options > Security tab in Outlook. In some cases, you would have to manually adjust the settings for the Internet zone (click "Zone Settings") to allow ActiveX.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greig,

Thanks for your quick reply. We are using Outlook 2003. I wil implement what you suggested and keep you posted.

Best,

Mona

Hi Craig,

Problem went away after changing the Outlook security setting.

Thanks again,

Mona