Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Appointments not appearing in calendar

Appointments not appearing in calendar

We're having a case of missing appointments. In ACT! for some reasonwe appointments that we're setting under the Contact Window that just do not appear at all in the Calendar window and are resulting in appointments being missed. Been trying to troubleshoot this one for a little but now, I have the options set to show private and show preview and show appointments for all users. I've even looked through all of the cleared appointments... Still there are appointments on the Contact window that are just not appearing in the calendar.

We're using ACT! 2008 normal edition, and this is happening on multiple Vista machines, all with office 2007 pre-installed. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to stop our appointments from disapearing off the calendar we'd really apreciate it!

Thanks! 

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: Appointments not appearing in calendar

[ Edited ]

Hello ECTucson,

Sorry, I heard nothing about this kind of problem recently.

Do you see these activities in the Task List?

Did you try a database maintenance? (Tools > Database maintenance > Check & repair) 

Which version of ACT exactly (see the build version in Help > About ACT menu)

Message Edited by m4y on 04-19-2008 08:53 AM

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

Thanks for trying to help with this issue.

Our version number exactly is 10.0.1.199

We run the check and repair utility almost on a daily basis and it doesn't fix this problem.

Everything does appear on the task list but it does not appear on the phone list even though it is a phone event.  We upgraded the database from a version 6 ACT! just in case that might make a difference.

Thank you for any advice you can provide. 

Well we have figured out this problem stems from the "Private" setting. Even though all of the filters are turned off and everything appears in the task list, items marked as private will not appear in the phone list. I think the private functionality must have worked differently in ACT! 6, but we are now faced with the task of removing the private designation from over 750 appointments. Does anyone know of a way this can be done in mass? The only way we are aware of marking and unmarking private is to do so one entry at a time in properties section... and that is going to take a LONG time.

Thanks for any tips you may know of! 

I have the same problem Act Version 10.  We run chjck and repair weekly and I have calendar set to all users and all priorities and show private. when i schedule activities it showes on task list but not on calendar.