Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Appointments have Disappeared!!!!

Appointments have Disappeared!!!!

Let me first start out by saying that I HATE ACT!  I swear to God that i will never purchase another things that even has anything remotely to do with Act!  It has been nothing but a big, Bloated program that is always making life more difficult for me.  I thought the whole idea was to make doing business EASIER!!!!

That being said..One of the workstation computer's started having the mini calendar take up the whole screen.  So i came to the community, (because goodness knows you can't AFFORD to buy this stupid software AND pay their exorbatant prices for tech support) and found a link to a KB article  (Answer ID 14770)  This was AFTER i followed the one that had me adjusted my DPI (didn't work) and Replacing the preference file (didn't work.)  So i followed that knowledge base,  Backed up my database first and did the other advised things.  When i restarted my computer and then launched act....All my appointments were gone.  After the heart attack, i thought, well i'll just restore the database.  I got back SIX of the over 100 appointments that i lost!!!  I am sitting here literally sick to my stomach.  I tried doing a system restore, that didn't work.  What do i do, besides cry?

Nickel Contributor

Re: Appointments have Disappeared!!!!

Hi Demetria,

I'm going to contact you via private message.
Damien Park
Swiftpage
Platinum Elite Contributor

No, I'm not.  I did check to synchronize by mistake, but i unchecked it before it did i think. 

I've seen activities removed with the Google sync, which is why I asked.

Hopefully Damien can offer some advice ...

I'm having the same problem.

Please post to the community instead of Private Messages.

Help all...

Nickel Contributor

I'm sorry, Joseph. I wasn't actually assisting Demetria via private message, I just needed to contact her about setting up a support call.

I'll get one of our techs to take a look at this thread and see if they have anything to offer in addition to Mike.
Damien Park
Swiftpage

Wow...!  Thank you for the quick response.

I'll start a new thread with my situation...rather involved.