Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Appointment disappears from Calendar

Appointment disappears from Calendar

After reviewing and closing an appointment in my weekly calendar, the appointment temporarily disappears.  I go a couple of weeks backward or forward in the calendar and when I get back to the current week, the appointment reappears.   Is there a way to prevent the temporary disappearance?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Appointment disappears from Calendar

I've seen this also ... no need to go fwd/back, just press F5 to refresh the screen

Thanks Mike,

Unfortunately, this did not work for me.

F5 takes me to the monthly calendar with the appointment still missing. I noticed that this does not happen with all my appointments. I will try to see what the difference is between those that stay and those that disappear. I will keep you posted.

Yea!  YEA!  This works. 

Thanks Mike.

by the way, not all of my appointments disappear after I review them. Some stubbornly stay put. I will have to take some time to find what different about them.

If you do, let me know... makes it much easier to report a bug and get it fixed if you can figure out how to replicate it

I have had the same trouble. Not only does the appointment disappear form the calendar, but it also disappears form the activity tab of the client. Now, the trouble with this is that I only know about the ones I notice. More than once, a client has shown up for an appointment that ACT has dropped.

I have performed standard maintenance on the database, used the suggestions above and still have dropped appointments. THis problem is relatively rare and intermittent. Any ideas?

Also, if it is relevant:  I use Companionlink Synchronization and the appointment do not disappear (as far as I have noticed) from the Google calendar or my phone.

The refresh issue shouldn't be related to Companion Link ... it sometimes has issues with duplicating activities or contacts in ACT!, which is why I don't like it. but that's another thing
Copper Contributor

When I first started using ACT! a month or so ago, I noticed things "disappearing" from the contact.  Things like activities, etc.  I found that if I press the "Save" button at the top of the contact record (the 3.5" disk icon in Act! 2011), I don't "loose" things.

I would suggest getting into the habit of saving the existing contact before changing over to another contact.  I'm not sure if this will solve your issue or not, but I suspect you will have a lot less fewer issues if you manually save your changes rather than relying on the program to auto save them.

Well, if we might reply to the "main thing.."

I watched in horror as appointments simply disappeared before my eyes. There were no records of the activity listed on the contact's record or in the calendar.

I rely on ACT for compliance purposes in order to document contacts and conversations with my clients. Is there some way to get to the bottom of this and stop it?  What else have I lost that I don't know about????