Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Appointment Times Changing in ACT Pro 18 running in Parallels on Mac

pwk

Appointment Times Changing in ACT Pro 18 running in Parallels on Mac

I recently moved to the Mac, and set up Parallels so I could run ACT.

It runs pretty well, but just this week I've noticed appointment times changing. Just this morning, I looked at ACT and appointments have shifted back one hour. 

I didn't reboot the computer, btw, I let it sleep, so ACT was still running when I opened the computer. Noticed appointments had shifted; rebooted parallels, rebooted the Mac, restarted ACT, and the times were still shifted back an  hour. Closed ACT, exited Coherence mode, went to Windows 10 desktop, restarted ACT ... still an hour off. 

Anyway, I'm hoping someone out there has some ideas ... Parallels time is correct, and the same as the Mac's time.

This is driving me nuts! Any ideas, anyone? 

Peter

pwk

Re: Appointment Times Changing in ACT Pro 18 running in Parallels on Mac

BTW, the time zone is correct in both Parallels and on the Mac itself. If I shift the Parallels timezone from Mountain to Central and reopen ACT, then the times are correct. ... until Parallels resets the timezone back to Mountain to match the Mac.
Administrator

Hi Peter,

Is the database local to the machine, or is it running on a server?
If it's a server, have you checked the timezone on that machine?
pwk

Local machine.

Administrator

Have all the activity types (past and present) been affected by this time difference, or only the appointments?
pwk

Hmmm.... good question. 

Well, I have both To-Do's and Meetings that have changed. 

And yes, it look like both past and present/future activities are affected. 

Administrator

Hi Peter,

I suspect that the issue started on the machine where the database was held before switching to the Mac, and the time on that machine was set manually (perhaps with an incorrect timezone), now when Windows (parallels) is applying the appropriate timezone to the stored times, the times are being offset by an hour.

Depending on the number of activities, I would suggest manually editing the times of the Activities after ensuring the timezone is correct in Windows.
If there are too many activities to change manually, then it is possible to disable the time sync between MacOS and Parallels, and then offset the timezone in Parallels so that the times appear correct in Act.

The following is a link to a Parallels forum thread that details how to disable time sync: https://forum.parallels.com/threads/disable-time-sync.315960
pwk

[ Edited ]

It wasn't an immediate thing, after moving the database to the Mac, it happened a few weeks later. Also, new appointments changed. But I'll take a look at this and see if it helps anyway. 

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Have you checked the daylight savings time settings on that machine?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
pwk

Parallels has time zone set to Mountain Time, with auto-update for daylight savings.

Mac has time zone set to Mountain, with "Set time zone automatically using current location" set.