Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Applying multiple opportunities

Applying multiple opportunities

I want to apply one opportunity across a select group of contacts.  Is there a way to do this so that (for example) I can enter one opportunity so that it gets automatically duplicated across all the contacts in a particular group? 
Copper Contributor

Re: Applying multiple opportunities

Are you using ACT! 2008?
If so, you can use the new Multiple Contacts per opportunity feature

Pierre
Platinum Elite Contributor

I just thought I'd add a proviso to Pierre's comment... this will only work if it's the one opportunity across several contacts, not duplicates

IE you can't then have the contacts at different stages or have some close and not others.

if you need to create multiple ops, but then process them individually, have a look at this add-on - http://www.tnhg.com/prod/download/CopyOpportunityToLookup.html

How is that accomplished step by step?

In ACT 6.0, you could see opportunities for Groups, group contacts, subgroups, and subgroup contacts.  We've upgraded to ACT 10 and this functionality for groups and companies seems to be unavailable.  From what I can tell, the only way to look at all opportunities for all divisions under a parent company is associate an opportunity to the parent company.  This does not seem as easy as the previous version.  Is there another way to see all opportunities for companies under a parent company? 

Hmmm... I hadn't noticed that was missing. I guess you can use the opportunity List and sort by Company?

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.