Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Application Synchronization Database

Application Synchronization Database

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm French so sorry for my approximate English.

I work for a company and we have ACT! 2009, in our topology  we have one main server and differents branch offices all around the world (China for example). Unfortunately some branch office have a slow link with disconnections. 

I thought to setup one master databse at the main office which can be sync with a second database on the branch office (with ACT setup locally) like that, without internet, users can still be work on ACT locally (they do not really need to "work" but just see items or contacts the times internet come back).

I would like to know if it's possible with Application Synchronization over internet (and if not what is the best solution) ? The sync is it automatically or planned ?

I read this : http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1519...

1 but i don't realy understand how it works.

Thanks for your help !

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Application Synchronization Database

Hello jordan49,

Bienvenue à l' ACT! Communauté en ligne! Application Sync is the built-in sync service that is part of the ACT! program. Generally it is used when the remote database machine is connected to main database machine via a network. It does require that ACT! and the main database be open on the host machine when the syncing in order for the two databases to connect. There are two possible methods you can use to sync with this service via the Internet:

1. Port forwarding: see KB Article 17536. This article relates to Network Sync but can also be used with Application Sync using the same process.

2. Using a VPN. And example using Hamachi VPN is provided in KB Article 23333. This same process can also be used with other VPN services.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.